Terms and Conditions
- By entering the licensed resources section on the CIAP site, users agree to the following terms and conditions. Users must only access and use the site for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the contractual licence agreement with regard to conduct, behaviour, safety, and security.
- Access to CIAP is available to all individuals who currently work in or for a NSW Public Health Organisation, including Visiting Medical Officers (VMOs), medical, nursing and allied health students working and learning in a NSW Health public hospital.
- NSW Public Health Organisations include the 15 Local Health Networks, 3 Specialty Health Networks (Sydney Children’s Hospital Network, St Vincent's Health Network and Forensic Mental Health (Justice Health) Network), 4 Pillar agencies (Clinical Excellence Commission, Agency for Clinical Innovation, Health Education and Training Institute, and Bureau of Health Information), Ambulance Service of NSW, Cancer Institute NSW, NSW Ministry of Health and affilliated health organisations.
- Access is not permitted for individuals who have no working affiliation with NSW Public Health organisations, such as General Practice Divisions and Groups, Universities, private pharmaceutical companies, and Non-Government Organisations and Bodies such as Aged Care, Private Healthcare, and Private Hospital facilities.
- Users must not share individual passwords with any person including non NSW Public Health staff. In instances where security is breached, CIAP reserves the right to change a user’s password or de-register users.
- Usage is monitored closely and any unauthorised usage that is identified will be blocked.
- By registering for a My CIAP Account, you also agree to receive a monthly CIAP Newsletter via email. If you wish to unsubscribe to the newsletter, please follow the instructions in the newsletter email
- To reproduce any information available through the licensed resources sections on the CIAP site you must have written permission by the original author and publisher. It is important to ask for permission to reproduce (or republish) the work and this permission is clearly stated on the reproduced material. Content that may be copyrighted includes: designs, images, text, code, graphs, maps, and audio.
- Acknowledgement of the source is not sufficient permission.
- Copyright is a type of legal protection for people who produce things like writing, images, music and films. It is a legal right to prevent others from doing certain things (such as copying and making available online) without permission. Copyright protects the form or way an idea or information is expressed, not the idea or information itself. In Australia, copyright law is contained in the Copyright Act 1968 and its subsequent amendments. Definitions from the Australian Copyright Council.
- For further information on copyright refer to the Australian Copyright Council
Information and resource hosting
- CIAP content is selected on the basis of relevance to NSW Public Health clinicians and aims to provide high quality, peer reviewed, and reputable clinical information to support evidence-based practice at the point of care.
- All links from CIAP are provided for information and do not imply that CIAP accepts responsibility for the sites linked to, or the information provided.
- CIAP receives no support through advertising or sponsorship and does not support advertising on the site or linking to sites for the purpose of advertising.
- CIAP is not responsible for the provision of local clinical guidelines or the hosting of these guidelines, although links to sites containing local clinical guidelines are available through CIAP.
How does NSW Health protect your privacy?
An individual's right to privacy as established under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 is respected by NSW Health and protected. NSW Health does not allow the publication of information that may identify individuals, or might potentially identify them. Statistical data about the use and management of NSW Health facilities, and the health of the population are made available on NSW Health websites in the interest of the public.
Links to external (non-NSW Health) sites are sometimes included in web pages for the convenience of site users, but NSW Health does not have any responsibility for the privacy practices of third party sites linked to NSW Health sites.
Is information collected about your site visit?
The statement pertaining to visitor logs is only necessary on the MOH home page, and the home pages of any AHS site that logs visitors. Visitor logs are used on this NSW Health internet site for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify or collect personal information about users.
What does NSW Health do with personal information provided in feedback?
Email addresses provided to this site will only be used to respond to enquiries and will not be added to mailing lists, or disclosed to any other party without the user's consent, unless required to do so by law. Personal information will be kept in safe custody, sufficient to prevent unauthorised access, and will properly handled to ensure its safety, integrity and confidentiality. Circumstances in which NSW Health may be required to disclose this information to a law enforcement agency include:
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on a NSW Health site
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the NSW Health site
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of NSW Health sites
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server.
- Breach the laws of the State of NSW or the Commonwealth of Australia
Do you want to know more about how your privacy is protected?
NSW Health observes the information privacy principles set out in The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 when collecting and dealing with any personal information.
NSW Health has a Privacy Management Plan which identifies how all NSW Health agencies comply with the Privacy Act. NSW Health's policy document on information privacy is the NSW Health Information Privacy Code of Practice.
Web Site Disclaimer and Copyright Statement
This site contains information, data, documents, pages and images prepared by NSW Ministry of Health ("the Information") for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales ("the State of New South Wales"). The Information is protected by Crown copyright.
The Information contained in this site includes information derived from various third parties which is neither endorsed nor supported by the State of New South Wales and does not necessarily reflect any policies, procedures, standard or guidelines of the State of New South Wales.
Whilst the Information contained in this site has been presented with all due care, the State of New South Wales does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from errors or omission.
The Information is made available on the understanding that the State of New South Wales and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including liability by reason of negligence) to the users for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the Information or otherwise.
Furthermore, whilst the Information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the Information. The Information may change without notice and the State of New South Wales is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.
The State of New South Wales takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of any information included in the Information provided by third parties nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to information sources (including Internet Sites) outside of the New South Wales Health Department. Links to other Internet Sites are not under the control of the State of New South Wales and are provided for information only. Although care has been taken in providing these links as suitable reference resources, due to the changing nature of the Internet content, it is the responsibility of the users to make their own investigations, decisions, enquiries about the information retrieved from other Internet Sites. Provision of these links does not imply any endorsement, non-endorsement, support or commercial gain by the State of New South Wales.
© - Copyright - New South Wales Health Department for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any material form or transmitted to any other person without the prior written permission of the State of New South Wales, except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (as amended). In particular, the user of the Information agrees:
- To retrieve documents for information only;
- To save or print a single copy for personal use only and not to reproduce any major extract or the entire document except as permitted under Copyright Act 1968 (as amended) without the prior written permission of the State of New South Wales;
- To acknowledge the source of any selected passage, table diagram or other extract reproduced;
- Not to make any charge for providing the Information to another person or organisation without the prior written consent of the State of New South Wales and payment of an agreed copyright fee;
- Not to modify the Information without the express prior written permission of the State of New South Wales.
- To include this copyright notice and disclaimer in any copy made.
- This Disclaimer is subject to Crown Copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the express permission of the State of New South Wales. This Disclaimer is designated to this Web Site as created for the Crown in right of New South Wales by the New South Wales Crown Solicitor.