The Knowledge Management Reference Group (KMRG) provides governance oversight for the Clinical Information Access Portal (CIAP), which provides NSW Health staff with online access to evidence-based clinical information resources at the point of care. The purpose of CIAP is to facilitate evidence-based practice, improve access to clinical decision support, reduce adverse events and improve clinician knowledge, with a view to enhancing the quality of patient care and improving patient outcomes.
The KMRG is co-chaired by Dr Roger Traill, Sydney Local Health District and Marie Pryor, Manager, CIAP, eHealth NSW and meets bi-monthly.
The KMRG members:
- Provide recommendations for online evidence-based information to support clinical practice, education, research and innovation, particularly at the point of care.
- Provide feedback on recommended resources and tools to support the case for acquisition and implementation.
- Assist with providing eHealth NSW with information required for vendor management.
- Contribute to plans for extending and optimising service delivery of resources to meet the needs of clinicians and other health workers, as well as the organisational direction for NSW Health.
- Identify the barriers to accessing CIAP and other resources and provide recommendations for improving access to resources and tools at the point of care.
- Provide recommendations, support and contributions to the education and communications strategy to ensure awareness of CIAP resources and tools.
- Provide and coordinate feedback to users and the executive in relevant facilities and agencies.
- Participate in working groups as required to address specific issues.
Suggest a Resource
CIAP resources are subscribed to annually and are endorsed by the statewide Knowledge Management Reference Group. In order for the committee to select the best resources they require information regarding suggested new resources.
Please use this form to submit your resource request so that it can be evaluated by the committee.
Note: Fields marked with an * are mandatory